Thursday, May 28, 2009

Privacy = Security

Hello all !  This is just something I need to get off my brain.....if I have posted this before please forgive me....but.... it really needs restating.

I'm soooo tired of the probing that people on the net do.  If I wanted all my personal info on the web I'd put it there !  When are people going to realize that identity theft and other bad things that can ruin a person really do exist.

If I chose to stay secure by not giving my a/s/l to everyone and anyone....who cares !  Why not get to know ME for my personality rather than my real name ??   Does knowing someone's name really make all the difference ?
Honestly picture this.........you chat with someone online, you really enjoy the conversations and interactions, you feel like you wanna meet in person - now - you find out that there real name is let's say "Sue"..........do you no longer like them because you hate the name sue ? Does it change anything about them ? NOPE. They are still them - so no matter what name they go by it should not matter....PERIOD.

So, get to know the person.
Don't let a relationship/friendship be ruined by something as petty as a name.
You could be missing out on a great friendship.....think about it.....if they care about their security they will be mindful of yours as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment