Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Of the Right Mind ? or Minds ? The Double-Minded Dilemma

Like the Fixx says in their song.....

"You see dimensions in two
State your case with black or white
But when one little cross leads to shots, grit your teeth
You run for cover so discreet

Why don't they do what you say?
Say what you mean oh, babe
One thing leads to another
You told me something wrong
I know I listen too long but then
One thing leads to another"

Has anyone other than me ever dealt with such a person or people ?  Do you find it as exhausting and frustrating as I do ?  No matter whether it's a friend, relative, co-worker or neighbor ...... dealing with such a person is difficult.
What can be done though ?
What should be done ?
I don't know.......... wish I had the answer...... in the past I would cut such a person from my life completely. Was that the correct choice ?  Probably not.  I miss those people as some were family.
By cutting them out they couldn't affect my mental state any longer....but it was also a loss of heart to cut them out. 
So, which is better ?
If they are allowed to remain then the pain caused by their double-mindedness is also allowed to continue isn't it ?  Right ??  Like a slow burning pile of leaves - smoldering but never totally engulfed.  Maybe the pain would become "normal" and you would adjust and adapt. 
No............that can't be healthy.
Sigh........still no answers.
Still not clear.
Is it same as "lying" ?  In their mind it's not. In my mind it is. Who's right ?
How does one help a double-minded person ?  How do you help someone who doesn't think they have a problem ?
Maybe it's us single-minded people who have the problem.....................because we can't figure out how to handle the double-minded.
That's my thought...for now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment