Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Happy Happy

Yes, I'm happy and no I'm not drugged. Happiness for the most part is a choice and for now I CHOSE to be happy. Is my life perfect ? Nope. Do I have reasons to not be happy ? Yup. But those things are BMC (beyond-my-control) so why allow it to dictate my mood :-)

I love this prayer - it hangs on my office wall:

Oh Lord - Grant Me Calmness

O Lord, grant that nothing upsets me today as I walk through the pathway of my life.
Let not any hurtful words or actions of others shake my resolve to stay calm and even-tempered.
Help me guard the citadel of my emotions from all intruding disturbances.
Let me avoid at all costs any harmful rebuttals to those who would upset me.
Instead, help me respond with love and kindness, even when I am wronged.

Grant peace to my heart so that I may view all stressful situations with a calm detachment and total control of my emotions.
Help me focus on the example of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who taught us to love one another, to turn the other cheek to our persecutors and who asked for forgiveness for His executioners.

Oh Lord, help me bring love and not hate, light and not darkness, friendship and not enmity, hope and not despair to all those I encounter in this exciting day that lies ahead.
Fill me with wisdom to understand and accept these principles so that my life can serve as a testimony to Your Truth.

Halleluyah !

1 comment:

  1. Very true! Happiness is a CHOICE! We choose it or not and the decision to remain unhappy is the choice some people make. We all know someone who is chronically unhappy... they choose it for themselves and there is nothing we can do for them, but we can choose for ourselves to be happy. :o)

    ReplyDelete